Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Creating Fake Miniature Photography



My friends John and Sarah took a helicopter tour of Los Angeles before they moved home to England last fall. John's photos of the cityscape were fabulous, especially the ones photoshopped to look like miniature models...like what you'd see at a miniature railway exhibit. It was an amazing and whimsical way to see a city that I love.

I recently installed GIMP, an open source graphics program that can do photo retouching similar to Photoshop. Go to CNET to read the review and download the program for free. Following Flickr user shygantic's instructions, I used GIMP to create my own fake minis of the Ponte Vecchio in Florence, the seaside town of Scarborough, England and Piccadilly Circus in London.




No comments:

Post a Comment